Simply follow these steps:
1) Go to the Central Administration Web Page
2) Click on Shared Services Administration on the left hand navigation that you created for your site collection..in this case it's called 'SharedServices1'
3) From here, look under "User Profiles and My Sites" click Personalization Services Permissions
4) Select the group you want to limit the functionality for. (More than likely you will just have NTAuthority\Authenticated Users. )
5) On the next screen you will see a list of checkboxes:
--To disable MySites uncheck "Create Personal Site"
--To disable MyLinks uncheck "Use Personal Features"
6) Click Save